Ok, now I’m back on low carb and have made some pretty tasty low carb pancakes. But today at work, I suddenly had a brainstorm, “low carb muffins, such an easy thing to do with my low carb pancakes base”.
OMG!!!! Sure enough was easy and absolutely delicious. Our 10 year old had two!! The recipe below is for 3, the same 3 I made as an experiment. Enjoy….
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 2 Tablespoons 1/2 and 1/2 or heavy cream
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheese (I use the mexican blend)
- Mix all ingredients, except for the cheese stirring well until thoroughly mixed. Add cheese and mix well. Spoon into cooking oil sprayed muffiin tins to about 1/2 to 3/4 full or divide evenly to make 3 standard size muffins. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until browned on top. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Don't do like I did and forget to spray the pan lol
- According to My Fitness Pal, Here is the breakdown for the whole recipe (3 muffins)
- Calories 365
- Fat 25
- Protein 22
- Carbs 12
- Fiber 7
- Net Carbs 5