Simple Sweet Cornbread.
Our children love this when I make it and often ask me to make it. Hope you enjoy.
- 1/2 cup cornmeal (we use Hodgeson Mill GMO free)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- In large bowl add cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt.
- Mix these dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch square baking pan or dish.
- bake for 40 minutes or until knife or toothpick comes out clean.